Holy Trinity Anglican Church was established and built in the Village of Frankford in 1876.It is written that services were
held prior to that date at the Methodist Episcopal Church on the site where the UnitedChurch now stands.Canon Bleasdell and
Canon Armstrong of St. Georgeís Anglican Church in Trenton were prominent leaders in those days. The Church was built in traditional
style and pews replaced chairs in 1902, as well as electricity and a furnace to replace the pot belly stove that sat in the back of
the Church. The Churchís stained glass windows are prominent and the Good Shepherd window is cherished by the congregation. A Parish
stable built in the early 1900ís was replaced first by a hall and in 1988 by the present Trinity Hall. The hall is used for a variety
of events held by the Church and the community including fundraising, receptions. Community Groups such as Grieving Families and Health
and Wellness Programmes are also held at the hall. Holy Trinity has in the past been an independent Church and has been associated
with St. Johnís in Stirling, ChristChurch, Glen Miller and is presently enjoying association with St. Georgeís in Trenton as part
of the Anglican Churches of Quinte West. Our Parishioners are both urban/rural families and we would welcome you in joining us.
The congregation of Christ Church Glen Miller was established in 1843 and an Anglican church was built along the Trent Severn Waterway
in the heart of the former GlenMillerVillage which is now part of Quinte West.The original church was located in the parking
lot just to the north of the present church, but it burned down in 1947.From 1947 to 1950 the congregation met at the paper mill club
house for Sunday worship.The church as it is today was bought for $1.00 and the money was donated back to the church.Some major renovations were done to the original building to make it into a church with beautiful stained glass windows.In
1989 an addition 26 by 40 feet was built onto the old kitchen.In 2002, we outgrew the first addition and a 40 by 40 foot second
addition was completed in June 2003.This addition was built by dedicated congregation volunteers and is now home to many
community gatherings. In 2007, a new sign was erected to inform people who we were and what we do.In 2009 we were fortunate
to have a circular drive and part of our parking lot paved. There are currently about 50 families in our congregation.We are
a committed group who support many worthwhile projects.We sponsor a buffet lunch every month in our church hall and serve approximately
100-115 people.People can come out for a nutritious meal, and also enjoy a social hour visiting friends and neighbours.Once a month we serve a dinner on a Saturday evening which is quite popular. We also cater to banquets, anniversaries and Christmas
parties in our church hall. Our building is also used by many groups such as the Glen Miller Quilt Club, Youth groups, congregational
meetings as well as individualrentals for private functions. ChristChurch is the communityChurch of Glen
In 2007, Christ Church Glen Miller, Holy Trinity Frankford and St. George's Trenton amalgamated to become part of the Anglican Churches Of Quinte West.
The three individual Churches still retain there own unique identity and presence in their communities while sharing one group of Clergy.
Each Church has a long standing history in the Quinte West area and they all play an important role in bringing fellowship and the teaching of the scriptures to our community.
Check out our new relaxed Sunday worship service, click the You Tube link below.
St. George's, Trenton
St. Georges Church was originally a white frame structure. In 1845 the present stone church was
built on property chosen and donated
by Bishop Strachan. The outer structure of the building was completed and the church opened in the same year, the interior was
completed the following year.
During the first two years of opening, the church was under the pastoral care of a priest from Carrying
Place. In 1848, the Reverend Bleasdell was appointed the first Rector of St. George's
Church and held is first service on September
3, 1850. Canon William Bleasdell passed away in
1889 after serving 31 years as the Rector of St. George's Church and was buried in
a crypt directly below the altar. Reverend Bleasdell's crypt has since been moved to a beautifully designed sanctuary in the
basement of the church and still remains under the main altar. St. George's is known for the beauty of its architecture and stained
glass windows. This fine piece of Gothic Architecture can be seen for its beauty both day and night. (Photo album click here)